You may be eligible for an exemption if you have:
- A. Graduated from a university course that the IFoA has an accreditation or exemption agreement with
- B. Exam passes/exemptions from some other international actuarial associations
- C. A qualification from another professional body that we have an agreement with
- D. Graduated with an actuarial or numerate degree which covered the majority of the syllabuses of the relevant IFoA exam(s)
- E. Completed a postgraduate thesis or an MBA on an actuarial or financial subject
Although there is no rule as to which one to start with (unless you are planning to take an exam as a non-member, in which case you can only go for CT3), the exam you do will take first will most probably be a Core Technical exam and one of the ones mentioned above.